maanantai 3. kesäkuuta 2013

What makes me giddy ^^

People usually don't share my enthusiasm over news on developing therapies or procedures that seek to extend the human life span far beyond natural, and I don't particularly excel at explaining why I find the idea of (near) eternal life so intriguing. Mostly it comes down to the fact that there is so much to see and figure out that I find it appalling that my time to experience it might be cut short at any time.

Like this little creature for example. Just an hour ago I didn't even know anything like it existed on the planet. He's a glaucus atlanticus and look at him! Totally looks like a real life pokémon :). And it's called a blue dragon! Even if it only grows to about 3cm in length... There is so much for the world to show me and teach me, 80, even 90 years, of which I've already spent over a quarter, seem very, very, lamentably short.

Here's one of the quotes from The Doctor that's really stuck with me and kind of explains how I feel about life, except, I don't have a TARDIS to take me to all those places:



I'm not running away, but this is one corner, of one country, on one continent, on one planet that's a corner of a galaxy that's a corner of a universe, that is forever growing and shrinking, and creating and destroying and never remaining the same for a single millisecond. And there is so much, so much to see, Amy. Because it goes so fast. I'm not running away from things, I am running to them before they flare and fade forever. But it's alright our lives won't stay the same, they can't. One day, soon maybe, you'll stop. I've known for a while...


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti